I went through the instructions for Overdrive, which the nice lady explains very calmly, but we'll see what happens when I actually attempt to download something to MY BRAND NEW MP3 PLAYER!!!!
And the one title I'm really looking for is not available yet.
LibriVox seems a very ambitious project. I'll try it out too, but I think I prefer the "professional readers"-- I find the narrator really affects my enjoyment of the story.
Final thoughts
Overall, this has been a good experience. I like the way it was laid out, so we could follow the agenda, instead of just being left to our own devices and stumbling onto things (notice that I'm still a linear thinker and started at 1, and continued in order to 23). The only limit as to how to use all these "Things" is your creativity, and of course there are a million more Things out there, popping up all the time-- we didn't even look at Twitter or Nextopia or...
There are a lot of ways libraries can use and adapt Library or Web 2.0 to enhance patrons' library experience, and new technologies are a great way for people to access certain kinds of information. But as I read in a (physical) newspaper article recently, when people are looking for narrative (which the majority of our patrons are), books are still the best format!
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment