Thursday, September 25, 2008

RSS Feeds

I learned about RSS feeds (I like those youtube tutorials) and created a Google Reader account. RSS could be dangerous for a recovering people.com addict like myself, but when it comes down to it, I'm not really a news junkie, and at the moment can't think of how 5 subscriptions would Make My Life Better. Also, "feed" makes me think of Feed by M.T. Anderson, so I'm a little paranoid. I did sign up for CBC's Election coverage, to give the illusion that I care, and I think RSS feeds are good for keeping up with current events that will have a definite end (I was going to subscribe to an Olympics feed, but it turned out my vacation coincided with the Olympics). Perhaps I'll change my mind as I explore further.

P.S. I did get a new (well, new to me) car, a 2008 Nissan Versa, which I haven't scratched or dinged yet. I'm getting used to all the luxury features I've never had before, like a passenger side mirror and a CD player.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Congratulations on your new car! I now have a blog too so I feel worthy of commenting!